Butternut Squash and Apple Bake
People have been asking me for some fall-inspired recipes lately, so here’s one of my favorites! Warm, perfectly sweet bites of apples and butternut squash with Morning Boost Nutrition Blend are perfect for Thanksgiving breakfast. But this dish doesn’t need to be reserved for special occasions! This simple recipe is perfect for the holiday season with its therapeutic aroma and no-fuss directions. When the scent of fruit mingled with autumnal spices drifts around the house, don’t be surprised if the whole family comes to see what’s baking! The antioxidant benefits of the spices in my Morning Boost blend (Ceylon cinnamon, allspice, ginger, nutmeg, and clove) may help reduce inflammation, cholesterol, and so much more. You can feel good about serving this to your family at Thanksgiving or any time!
To add a fiber boost, add a tablespoon of chia seeds or ground flaxseed just before serving. The extra fiber will help you feel full longer. Enjoy this recipe chilled or warm.
- 2 large apples, such as Golden or Fuji, cored and cut into 1- to 2-inch cubes
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed (about 4 cups)
- 1 Tablespoon avocado oil (ok to sub coconut oil)
- 1.5 Tablespoons Morning Boost Nutrition Blend
- 3 Tablespoons Pure Maple or Date Syrup (optional since the spice blend is)
- Sea salt to taste
- ¼ cup slivered almonds or chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a medium baking dish, combine the apples, squash, oil, spice blend, tossing with your hands or a large spoon to ensure everything is evenly coated. Cover with a sheet of parchment paper and a layer of aluminum foil to seal the edges of the baking dish.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until the squash is tender and can easily be pierced with a fork.
- Remove the dish from the oven and sprinkle with sea salt. Stir before serving and top with nuts, if using.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. All Beller Nutritional Institute products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. There is no guarantee of specific results. Results can vary. All material provided on this website is provided for informational or educational purposes only. Consult a physician regarding the applicability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your symptoms or medical condition. All sales final. | Copyright © 2017 Beller Nutrition - All Rights Reserved