Cacao Bliss to Show Your Love on Valentine’s Day
Show your body some love this Valentine’s Day! Truffles may be the age-old cliché way to someone’s heart, but the 2017 you isn’t interested in drowning in chocolate refined sugar-bombs (which, FYI, contain up to 20 grams of sugar in just a few, puny pieces). Instead, get up and get glowing with my Raw Cacao Bliss Balls. They’re rich in fiber, packed with anti-inflammatory properties, and have no added sugar.
Did I mention they’re delicious? Warning: they’re so good, you probably won’t be sharing.
This recipe not enough to quell your cravings? Join the PowerPerks movement for more recipes that’ll leave you wanting more!
Raw Cacao Bliss Balls
Makes: 18 balls
Serving size: 2 balls
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 3⁄4 cup raw almonds or nuts of your choice
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil
- 1⁄3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt
- Filtered water for rolling (optional)
- Soften dates by soaking them in warm water for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place the almonds, coconut oil, cacao powder, chia seeds, coconut flakes, and salt in a food processor and blend.
- Drain the dates and add them in; blend until fully combined. If it’s dry, try adding a tablespoon of filtered water.
- Roll the paste into 12 balls and refrigerate until semi-firm.
Meal Math: 160 calories | 12g fat | 30mg sodium | 12g carbs | 4g fiber | 8g sugar | 4g protein
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. All Beller Nutritional Institute products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. There is no guarantee of specific results. Results can vary. All material provided on this website is provided for informational or educational purposes only. Consult a physician regarding the applicability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your symptoms or medical condition. All sales final. | Copyright © 2017 Beller Nutrition - All Rights Reserved