Soup to Keep Cool on Valentine’s Day
Forget trying to score expensive dinner reservations — I’ve got a decadent and vibrantly red detox soup you can serve up with a smile. Check out my Ruby Root Soup recipe as it will score you some serious anti-inflammatory properties along with antioxidants from a variety of power-foods. Bonus perk: you can enjoy it chilled if your dinner date gets too hot ;). Either way, this ruby root power soup is a total gem. For more souping recipes that’ll make the classic dinner date sparkle, check out my best-seller, Power Souping.
Ruby Root Soup
Makes: 6 servings
Serving size: 1 cup
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium turnip, chopped
- 1 large beet, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups chopped kale (optional)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Power Up! (Add to your bowl):
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots, celery, turnip, beet, tomatoes, tomato paste, broth, and oregano and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes, until the veggies are tender but not mushy.
- If using, stir in the kale and season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Meal Math: 60 calories | 3g fat | 150mg sodium | 9g carbs | 3g fiber | 4g sugar | 2g protein
Payment Methods Accepted: Visa, American Express, Mastercard, Discover, JCB, Diners Club, Amazon Pay, and Paypal. Sales tax added to spice and book orders where applicable.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. All Beller Nutritional Institute products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. There is no guarantee of specific results. Results can vary. All material provided on this website is provided for informational or educational purposes only. Consult a physician regarding the applicability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your symptoms or medical condition. All sales final. | Copyright © 2017 Beller Nutrition - All Rights Reserved