Roasted Cauliflower Chickpea Soup
Here is one of my go-to favorite winter souping recipes. Roasting the cauliflower takes the flavor profile of this silky, rich, and satisfying soup to a whole new level. With its abundance of anti-inflammatories and a compound called indole-3-carbinol, this veg is a cancer-fighting cruciferous superhero. Pair it with vitamin-charged chickpeas and antioxidant-packed cumin for a meal that will go to great lengths to protect your health.
- 6 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1.5 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, toss the cauliflower, chickpeas, garlic, and cumin with the oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the cauliflower-chickpea mixture on it and roast for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until the cauliflower is tender.
- Take 2 cups of the roasted mixture and set aside. Place the rest in a high-powered blender, add the vegetable broth, and puree until smooth.
- Season to taste with red pepper flakes and salt and pepper. Garnish with the reserved roasted mixture and serve. As this soup has a tendency to thicken, you may want to add water, a tablespoon at a time, after reheating for a thinner consistency.
Makes 4 servings
Payment Methods Accepted: Visa, American Express, Mastercard, Discover, JCB, Diners Club, Amazon Pay, and Paypal. Sales tax added to spice and book orders where applicable.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. All Beller Nutritional Institute products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. There is no guarantee of specific results. Results can vary. All material provided on this website is provided for informational or educational purposes only. Consult a physician regarding the applicability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your symptoms or medical condition. All sales final. | Copyright © 2017 Beller Nutrition - All Rights Reserved