Lentil Herb Frittata – To Go
“Hakuna Frittata”- it means no worries for the rest of your week…it’s my problem-free delicious philosophy. Seriously– TRY THIS: make this recipe over the weekend for a tasty snack you can take with you on the go all week long. This hearty frittata is packed with antioxidant-rich fresh herbs to help blast away free radicals and spices like turmeric and spicy red pepper to fight inflammation! My Lentil Herb Frittata-To Go is absolutely effortless to whip up and has only 150 cals and 7 grams of protein, so it’s perfect if you’re watching your waistline.
Lentil Herb Frittata- To Go
Makes 8 servings
- 2 cups cooked and drained mung beans, chickpeas, lentils (I prefer lentils)
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium onions, peeled and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 4 organic eggs
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon almond meal, rice flour, or whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups fresh dill or parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan or sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet and saute the onions and garlic until golden brown. Stir in the beans then remove from heat.
- Beat the eggs into a large bowl, adding the turmeric, pepper flakes (if using), almond meal or flour and baking powder. Fold the dill and bean mixture into the eggs.
- Lightly brush ovenproof baking dish with 1 tablespoon of oil. Pour in the mixture and bake uncovered for 45-50 minutes until the top is golden and a knife comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, cover with a wet towel to steam. Allow to rest for 10 minutes, then invert, cut, and serve.
Meal Math: 300 calories | 13g fat | 100 mg sodium | 31g carbs | 7g fiber | 4g sugar; 14g protein
Memorial Day Sale: 40% off PowerPerks Use coupon code: MEMORIALDAY
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. There is no guarantee of specific results. Results can vary. All material provided on this website is provided for informational or educational purposes only. Consult a physician regarding the applicability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your symptoms or medical condition. | All Sales Final | Copyright © 2017 Beller Nutrition - All Rights Reserved