“Hakuna Frittata”- it means no worries for the rest of your week…it’s my problem-free delicious philosophy. Seriously– TRY THIS: make this recipe over the weekend for a tasty snack you can take with you on the go all week long. This hearty frittata is packed with antioxidant-rich fresh herbs to help blast away free radicals and spices like turmeric and spicy red pepper to fight inflammation! My Lentil Herb Frittata-To Go is absolutely effortless to whip up and has only 150 cals and 7 grams of protein, so it’s perfect if you’re watching your waistline.
Lentil Herb Frittata – To Go
Makes 8 servings
- 2 cups cooked and drained mung beans, chickpeas, lentils (I prefer lentils)
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium onions, peeled and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 4 organic eggs
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon almond meal, rice flour, or whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups fresh dill or parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan or sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet and saute the onions and garlic until golden brown. Stir in the beans then remove from heat.
- Beat the eggs into a large bowl, adding the turmeric, pepper flakes (if using), almond meal or flour and baking powder. Fold the dill and bean mixture into the eggs.
- Lightly brush ovenproof baking dish with 1 tablespoon of oil. Pour in the mixture and bake uncovered for 45-50 minutes until the top is golden and a knife comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, cover with a wet towel to steam. Allow to rest for 10 minutes, then invert, cut, and serve.
Meal Math: 300 calories | 13g fat | 100 mg sodium | 31g carbs | 7g fiber | 4g sugar; 14g protein