Garlic Lovers Tempeh Meatballs
I love these tempeh meatballs since they are not only packed with fiber but they also make for a great little meatless meatball alternative? These tempeh meatballs are a tasty option that go well with… pretty much anything! Tempeh is the chewier, nuttier cousin of tofu, and it’s dense texture makes for a great meat substitute.
What I also love about this recipe is that it’s rich in special prebiotic fibers which promote the growth of beneficial bacteria in your digestive system. Since gut health is so strongly associated with breast health…this dish is a winner and I have been recommending it to my patients. One of my favorite ways to serve these meatballs up is over spaghetti squash, but the possibilities are endless!
For more tasty recipes and meal planning ideas, join my next 90 Day Transformation Masterclass!
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 3 tbsp Water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 8 oz tempeh
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 tbsp fresh basil (chopped)
- 1 tbsp parsley (chopped)
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix ground flax with water in a small dish and let sit and coagulate for about 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat and sauté onion and garlic for 3 to 5 minutes, until onion is softened. Set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse the tempeh to break it down. Pour in the flax and water mixture. Then add cooked garlic and onion, nutritional yeast, almond meal, herbs, and tomato sauce and process until a moldable “dough” forms. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon out 1 tablespoon at a time, and roll into small balls.
- Heat up the same large skillet over medium high. Add remaining 1 tablespoon of oil, then add tempeh balls in two separate batches, so you don’t crowd the pan. Brown for about 5 minutes, stirring them around the pan to make sure all sides get browned.
- Add cooked meatballs to a baking sheet and place in the oven to bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until crispy and a deep golden brown color. Sprinkle with a dash of salt and pepper and serve.
Payment Methods Accepted: Visa, American Express, Mastercard, Discover, JCB, Diners Club, Amazon Pay, and Paypal. Sales tax added to spice and book orders where applicable.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. All Beller Nutritional Institute products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. There is no guarantee of specific results. Results can vary. All material provided on this website is provided for informational or educational purposes only. Consult a physician regarding the applicability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your symptoms or medical condition. All sales final. | Copyright © 2017 Beller Nutrition - All Rights Reserved