Breakfast: Fiber-Boosted Baked Portabella
Happy Friday! I’m already thinking about breakfast, and couldn’t help but include one of my fiberlicious morning recipes during Pink Power Month. There is a ton of research out there showing a link between fiber intake and breast health. Research suggests that every 10 grams of fiber consumed daily– a bit less than a cup of beans– may lower breast cancer risk by 5%. If you hit my recommended daily goal of 35 grams of fiber, you could potentially cut your risk by almost 15%! Totally worth it in my book. With 11 grams of filling fiber and a whoppin’ 18 grams of satisfying protein, my recipe below is your AM fast track to reaching your daily target. Don’t wait until lunch, get your fiber fix at brunch.
Fiber-Boosted Baked Portabella Breakfast
- 1 Portabella mushroom, cap removed
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large organic egg
- 1/2 cup black beans, no salt added
- 1/4 Roma tomato, diced
- 1/4 sliced avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced (optional)
- Himalayan or sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut stem out of mushroom and drizzle with olive oil. Gently crack egg into mushroom and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake on a parchment-lined baking sheet for about 15-20 minutes, depending on thickness of mushroom, until egg white is cooked through but yolk still looks shiny.
- While mushroom is cooking, gently heat the beans over low in a saucepan. When heated thoroughly, place on a plate.
- When mushroom is done, remove from oven and place over the beans. Top with tomatoes, avocado, and fresh thyme (if using). Serve!
Meal Math: 320 cal |16g fat | 180mg sodium | 29g carbs | 11g fiber | 5g sugar | 17g protein
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. All Beller Nutritional Institute products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. There is no guarantee of specific results. Results can vary. All material provided on this website is provided for informational or educational purposes only. Consult a physician regarding the applicability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your symptoms or medical condition. All sales final. | Copyright © 2017 Beller Nutrition - All Rights Reserved